Denver Metro Area luxury home sales jumped more than 46 percent in February compared to a year ago while median sale prices edged higher, according to Coldwell Banker’s latest Denver Metro Area Luxury Home Report. High-end homes sales and median sales prices were also up in February from January’s numbers. Also positive to note, more inventory is gradually coming on the market which is encouraging as we head into the spring buying season.
Six Luxury Market Facts
Some key findings from this month’s Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage luxury report:
- A total of 63 luxury homes sold in February, up from 43 in February 2014. High-end home sales were also up from January’s 49 transactions;
- The median sale price of a luxury home last month was $1.39 million, up 2.6 percent from a year ago when it stood at $1.26 million. The median price in February was also up from January’s $1.25 million level.
- The most expensive sale in the Denver Metro Area last month was a 7,400-square-foot, 12-bedroom, six-bath home in Boulder that sold for $4.9 million;
- Denver boasted the most million-dollar sales with 14, followed by Boulder with 10, and Cherry Hills Village, Greenwood Village and Longmont with three each;
- Homes sold in an average of 123 days on the market, up from 117 days a year ago and 97.8 days the previous month;
- Sellers received an average of 95 percent of their asking price, the same as a year ago and down from 96 percent the previous month.
Five High-End Sales from Q4
The Denver Business Journal reported the news and also provided a slideshow of the top Q4 luxury home sales in metro Denver. Some highlights include:
- 3450 Big Bear Drive, Sedalia | Sales price: $2.85 million
- 32534 Meadow Mountain Lane, Evergreen | Sales price: $2.45 million
- 210 Bear Meadow Trail, Evergreen | Sales price: $2.3 million
- 950 Gilbert St., Boulder | Sales price: $2.275 million
- 8751 E. Palmer Divide Ave., Larkspur | Sales price: $2 million
Four Hot Luxury Listings on the Market Right Now
Interested in luxury properties? Here are a few homes currently on the market in Denver Metro:
99 South Bellaire Street, Denver | $3,700,000
5430 East Dakota Avenue, Denver | $2,849,000
622 Cliffgate Lane, Castle Rock | $2,750,000
100 South University Boulevard #7, Denver | $2,695,000